Monday, November 24, 2003

SO DO YOU, LIKE, CYBER HERE OFTEN?

As a joke, my friends and I went onto a dating site and posted profiles for ourselves. It was a contest of sorts in a time of boredom. After posting, we would then wait and see who would get the most responses and of course, we would give one another updates as to how succesful our online crooning could lure unsuspecting sincere onlinedaters (shouldn't it be one word by now?).

Other than the above, I have never really visited dating sites or have taken the notion of cyber-romancing serisously. I have too many hang-ups to trust it. I am too pessimistic that it could ever work. And as often as you hear this, it truly is just not my thing.

But I need to take two things into consideration: the prospect of writing a profile is fun. I love thinking about my favorite movies, what I like to do, my turn-offs (wait...am I Playmate?) and most importantly, the small feat of summarizing what kind of person I am. Secondly, I cannot ignore the fact that I am still single. Can you believe it? I know, I know...yes, it is a good thing you're sitting....Why, you ask. Dunno. I'm probably too caught up in the fantastical Hollywood-like image of romance to accept the practical version of it in real life. But I digress; that's for another time....

So, below you will find my very own version of an online dating profile. Call it the Bring Back Sincerity Dating Service, membership: one. You can cut and paste it into an email and send it off to all the people on your email lists asking them, are you this person? Do you qualify for the BBS Seal Of Approval?

After I have sorted through the millions of responses, the results will be announced live on this website. Welcome to my very own Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie. Begin rolling.....

PROFILE TO BE POSTED.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home