Monday, October 16, 2006

SONG OF THE DAY

I once discovered a record while I was in high school and it blew my yet-undeveloped mind. T-Ride was a promising hair-metal band signed to Hollywood Records (the home of Queen). Their guitarist Geoff Tyson was the student of Joe Satriani and their vocalist Dan Arlie could transition from a Tom Waits-baritone to a glass piercing falsetto effortlessly.

T-Ride's only released record is still one of my favorite records of all time. I love it so much that I had to post two songs. I couldn't just pick one.

Now, it's an acquired taste and I do acknowledge that there's a lot of nostalgia associated with the band but still...one of the most overlooked and talented hair-metal bands of the 90's? For shure, dude. For shure.

1. T-Ride - "Zombies From Hell"
2. T-Ride - "Hit Squad"

Did I just lose all my readers?

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny G said...

T-Ride absolutely kick ass! No doubt the most overlooked bands from the hair metal days.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home