Tuesday, December 12, 2006

SONG OF THE DAY



From The Organ website:

"We are sad to announce that we're breaking up. We want to thank our friends, fans, and family for all the support you gave to us. Thank you.

Shelby, Jenny, Katie, Debora, and Shmoo."

Now, presumably, your first reaction is, what is The Organ?
It's a good question. I'm glad you asked it.

In 1994, the all-female Canadian quintet released Grab That Gun one of the more criminally ignored records in recent memory. Lead singer Katie Sketch (a Marc Jacobs model) suffers from a heavy case of the Morrisseys and the band could easily be the Cure.

I was fortunate enough to see the Organ perform in Austin, Texas during this past year's SXSW Festival and I was enamored with their collective stage presence. For two years, I've been looking forward to a follow-up record and sadly, now we'll never hear it.

...Unless they get back together.

The Organ - "Memorize The City"

[Call To Action, Activity I: Write the Organ at writetheorgan@gmail.com and tell them that an Organ is no good unless it's working. Just ask Bob Dole.]

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicoel said...

I was lucky enough to see them a couple of times, but I wholeheartedly agree with you that they are easily one of the best/most overlooked Canadian bands

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home