Wednesday, December 12, 2007



Among the many wonderful things that's happened in the past couple of months since I've updated regularly, I've neglected to tell you about my inclusion in the De Capo Best Music Writing 2007. The book, edited by Robert Christgau, is a compilation of the year's better pieces of music journalism now available in fine bookstores everywhere. The story for which I was recognized is called "Straight Outta Jerusalem" and was featured originally in Flaunt magazine (sadly, the article is not online).

The book as a whole is worth reading and available on the cheap at Amazon.com. If you have a passing interest in music, it's a meaty read as are previous installments (I would recommend that you skip over this edition as the editor doesn't really exist).

Being recognized in this series was the serious validation I needed especially considering that I've since given u p the foolish dream of full-time freelance and now anchor my income with a 9-to-5'er.

Incidentally, I'm very much enjoying this song by Neil Finn's offspring Liam.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christy Cunningham = impressed. Way to go!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Arye said...

Awww, thanks, Christy. SO great to hear from you. And to think you knew me way back when. Ha.

9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home