Wednesday, September 05, 2007

REGULARITY, LACK THEREOF



There are two types of bloggers.

Those that gladly and frequently promote their blog and those that still consider the word "blog" kind of weird to say aloud.

There was a time when I would post with regularity and, well, that time was when I was freelance (or as Mom refers to it, "unemployed"). Now with a full-time job, my freelance in high gear and an impending wedding, blogging (see? It is a weird word) regularly isn't as much of a priority as it once was. This is not to say that I do not miss it. Because I do. This is to say that I fear that I may have grown bored with myself.

Do I have anything interesting to say anymore now that I've settled into the common man's existence? I'd like to this so, although my work schedule does somewhat exhaust my creativity. But the trend I'm noticing across the blogosphere is that lack of substance is frequently rewarded. Post a YouTube video. Make a snarky comment dismissing a movie/book/CD. Make a snarky comment about someone else's snarky comment which dismissed a movie/book/CD.

The other week, I seriously thought about a niche for my blog. I'm not kidding. I tried to think about angle. Something specific that would keep people coming back. Something that could give me a specific outline, guidelines for my creativity. After some significant time spent, I gave up because it felt like I was trying too hard.

And on that note, here's a YouTube clip for a hot new artist:

4 Comments:

Blogger Adam S. said...

Dude, I thought this blog already had an angle. Something about being wholly sincere in a world of capricious irony and grey areas? Something like that? Oh well. I think you should just work on posting more. Maybe about your job, but cautiously? What freelance projects do you have going?

9:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, the blog has a great angle. Enjoy it! Michael Dube

10:41 PM  
Blogger Arye said...

Thanks for the support, dudes. Righteous of you.

4:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'd like to hear more about your wedding. I heard you are one lucky guy.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home