Tuesday, October 13, 2009

LOL....NOT!



Hey, kids! Do you remember "original?" You don't? Oh, snap. It's 2009. Original [insert hot model German accent here] iz either in or eet's out.

So, do you know what stopped being funny? The Simpsons. You know what continues to be funny. "Your mom" jokes. That will never, ever not be funny. Impossible. Your mom is impossible. Ha. See? Hilarious.

Sunday night's episode of The Simpsons was so unfunny that I found myself frowning at the end credits. For emoticon users, this is what I looked like: ): except I have a "strong" nose situated somewhere in there.
So yeah, what about that 20-year old cartoon...the jokes aren't fresh, the plot lines are out-dated (Ultimate Fighting? Really?), and worst of all, there's nothing even remotely provocative about the plot lines. And this is in a time when just about every animated series on television--including (The Backyardigans does in fact address homelessness) is provocative.

But even more bothersome than Groening's lame attempt to stir it up is Seth McFarlane's Sunday night domination. I feel like his three shows-- Family Guy, The Cleveland Show, and American Dad -- aren't even coy about being the same show for three episodes in a row. I mean, the Griffin fam is totes lol with those mad-cap pop culture references, but really, can we please mix it up? Throw in a talking bear for diversity for God's sake?
Wait, what?
You mean there already is one?

Sunday nights suck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day everybody my name is Parmela am from USA i want to give great appreciation to the great man named dr igbalu who helped me in getting back my love who left me for 3years within 24hours, after been scammed by some fake spell caster which made away with my money.i was watching my television when i saw a woman giving thanks to this great man for what he has done for her,although i have been scammed by so many spell caster but i still decided to contact him i told him everything that happened and he just laughed over it and told me that my love will be back within the next 24hours at first i was full of doubt until the next 24 hours i had a call by unknown number i did not even think if he would be my love the next thing i could hear on the phone was my love pleading and begging me to forgive him and he promised not to hurt me till the rest of his life. I was so surprised and at the same time i was filled with joy and happiness, i did not waste anytime in accepting him because that was what i have been looking for, after calling, in the next 2hours time he came to my house and still pleading and begging me to forgive him the must surprising thing was that he gave me access to his account and everything that he have, for me to know that he is not going to live me for any reason. Now we are living happily than ever before. So i want to us this opportunity to let the world to know that there are people in this world sent from God to help people to get back there husband eg people like dr igbalu, sir you are a great man. In case you want to thank him for me or you need his help you can contact him through his private mail: igbalutempleofsolution@gmail.com. Once again thank you very much sir,

Name; Parmela
Country: USA

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The previous comment was more entertaining than the article!

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home