Tuesday, November 25, 2003

CONTINUED FROM YESTERDAY (AKA, THE PROFILE):

Name: Arye Dworken
City of Residence: New York City, New York
Place of Birth: Portland, Maine
Occupation: Writer/Music Journalist
Favorite My So Called Lilfe Episode: "Other People's Mothers"
Religion: Jewish
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Height: 5'8 (I swear)
Weight: 138 lbs.
Arm Wrestler: I am not.
Political Affiliation: Hold up. Who's going to take care of my parking tickets?

Obsession: Bidding on eBay for vintage t-shirts
Favorite Books: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers, High Fidelity by Nick Hornby, Everything Is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer, The Last Samarai by Helen DeWitt, Why Did I Ever by Mary Robison, Them by Jon Ronson, Naked Pictures of Famous People by Jon Stewart and some cliche classics that you and I have both never really read.

Favortite Movies: 12 Monkeys, Fight Club, Batman, Diner, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure, Amelie, ET, Kicking & Screaming, Reality Bites, The Adventures of Baron Munchausan, Unbreakable, the Royal Tennenbaums.

Favorite Van Halen Album: For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
Favorite Jackson: Tito
Drink of Choice: Water
Weakness: Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches, kryptonite, Audrey Tautou.

What I Am Like: central air-conditioning. Cool and costly.
What I Ate For Breakfast: Fruity Pebbles and coffee. But techinically, I drank the coffee.
Worst Rush Song: Honestly, this is impossible to answer because there has never been a bad Rush song.
Favorite Music: U2, Radiohead, the Wrens, Clem Snide, Rush, Elton John, the Pixies, Pavement, Van Halen, Outkast, Spoon, Belle & Sebastian, Wilco, Sunny Day Real Estate, Sloan, Grandaddy, the Zombies, Death Cab for Cutie, Cheap Trick, ELO, Bee Gees, Billy Joel, Sigur Ros, Peter Gabriel, Pernice Brothers, Neil Finn, Crowded House, Extreme etc, etc.

Biggest Disappointment Ever: the other two Matrix movies
Pop Star I Would Most Likely Date: Mandy Moore, hold me.
What People Wonder: Why I wear a wristband.
I Am Not: Pregnant with your baby.
Last Time I Had Macaroni & Cheese: God, I can't even remember.
Favorite Karaoke Song: "The One" by Elton John.
Freckles Are Cute: Oh, indeed.
Swim: Why, as a matter of fact, I do.
Last Time I Got A Haircut: March.
Pop Star I Would Most Like To Be: Justin. Was there even a doubt?
Favorite Paranoia: I always think that rappers are saying "Jews" instead of "jewels."
The Car I Drive: 2001 Mercury Sable LS.

What I Want From You: curduroy jeans, bakes apple pies, dimples/freckles, Shannyn Sossamon, righteousness, a soft but frequent laugh, the ability to edit, a massive fan of music, can't comprehend the appeal of Tobey McGuire, refers to a movie as "a movie" not "a film" or "the cinema," likes George over Paul or John, thinks that bringing sincerity back is essential, a soft hint of a scent, ocean-like eyes, plays guitar, writes songs about me, Blockbuster nights, knowledge of menus by heart, won't say "dawg" or doesn't mind when referred to as "dude," Flint over Duke, encouraging, the "r" word, owns a nice sized apartment (this is negotiable), sneakers over heels, central air-conditioning, favorite holiday is Hanukah, hates kryptonite, buys something when it reminds her of me, knows how to make a convincing "that's so thoughtful of you" face, has no jail record, knows how to sew, has an Entertainment Weekly subscription, a cell phone that doesn't begin with the digits 347, a large heart (not the band. Not the organ. But the ability to display sincere emotion. But that being said, if she had the band and the organ...then that's ok too)

And there it is. Cut and paste, my young ones and find me this woman. Godspeed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home