Thursday, April 29, 2004

VACUUM WRITING

My writing has been quite inconsistent of late. I'm not even sure if there is anybody reading this anymore but I ask myself: is this blog (the word itself still irritates me) a form of expression or is it an activity in egocentricity? I'd like to think that it's a release of sorts, a therapeutic means of articulating. So that being the case, I am ok with writing in a vacuum. As long as it is not too dusty because I may be allergic to dust. This is a self-diagnosis. This alleged allergy has not been confirmed as of yet.

I am trying to figure out where to start. Sometimes, reacquainting is so daunting that we avoid it altogether. I have a large list of old friends I no longer call because catching up is so exhausting. Where to begin, we wonder? And when we finally do talk, we feel better but yet we still worry that their images of nostalgia differ from our current persona. We worry that we will disappoint them if we are indeed different from the person that they were enchanted with in the first place. We can't help but think about their reactions to our new life.

But...first off, I should ask you if you have any questions. No, seriously, ask away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home