Thursday, October 19, 2006

SONG OF THE DAY
Now with 30% real fruit juice!



I tell Cameron I'm seeing the Yeah Yeah Yeahs play a private event tonight.
He says, Oh, man. They're so early-2006.

Despite initial lukewarm reviews (including here), I've grown to really like Show Your Bones with repeated listens. The sophomore record is tempered and therefore, a more sophisticated YYY. I'd like to think that I'm also tempered and therefore, more sophisticated, which enables me to relate to their maturation process.

"Turn Into", the final song on Bones, disarmed me with its skeletal warmth and playfulness; it's the anti-Fever To Tell. Props go to Karen, Nick and Brian. Growing up is hard to do but turning the volume down is even harder.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Turn Into"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home