Monday, June 04, 2007

A SIGN OF LIFE



One, two. One, two.
Is this thing on?

Oh, look at this. It does still work. And all this time....

Okay, don't sit down just yet. We're leaving.
Where are we going?
To catch up. It's been my longest stretch of blog silence since I can last remember and we have a lot to discuss.
This is serious.
But I'm glad you're here so let's get going.

Where do you want to go?
Coffee? A drink?
Are you hungry?
You are. Okay. Let me think.
How about this place over here...?
Cool.

I'm glad to see that you're still with me. Truth is that it's been a busy few weeks. The full-time job has been going well. Quite well. In fact, just last week, I flew down to Miami to visit a client. Love them hotels with their room service and all. Ordering a latte to the room first thing in the morning was a serious perk.
Ha, ha. No, no pun intended.
But I have some bigger news.
I got engaged.
Yes, engaged to be married.
Pretty crazy, right?
Just two weeks back, I asked Shana to marry me and she said, Yes.
Well, we got engaged at the Puck Building in Manhattan.
Why there?
We're getting married there in November so...
[Phone rings]
Hello?
Uh-huh.
Okay, I'll be over in a bit.
[To you]
Look, I'm sorry. I can't stay long though but I'm glad we had this short catch-up. At least we had the chance to reconnect and get back to being in touch. Let's keep this going. Can we do that?
Terrific.
Stick around for tomorrow.
We are so back on.

"Slow Show" - The National

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mazal tov!

12:29 AM  
Blogger lesloo said...

congrats! xo lesley

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's great aryeh, mazel tov! happy wishes too. -tzeerel

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home