Thursday, December 13, 2007

FINANCIAL DISPUTE

From: Nancy *******
To: Arye Dworken
Date: Oct 12,, 2007 3:35
Subject: Ehrenkranz dispute

Mr. Dworken:

You need to pay your bill in full. Financial responsibility is a good foundation for a happy marriage.

Nancy *******

Associate General Counsel

Office of Legal Counsel

New York University

110 Fifth Avenue, Room 414

New York, New York 10011

****************************

From: Arye Dworken

To: Nancy *******

Date: Dec 12, 2007 10:35 PM

Subject: Ehrenkranz dispute

Dear Ms. *******,

It’s been nearly two months since you wrote me and in truth, it took a great deal of self-control to not respond to your email right away. At the behest of my lawyer’s advice, up until now, I avoided further contact with New York University despite the condescending tone in your email and the aggravation if left me with. Now, I understand your arbitrary and definitive decision that I have to pay my bill in full—unfortunately I have come to accept your ruling even though it is definitively and legally unjust—nevertheless, I am without a proper leg to stand on. You, on the other hand, have many legs. You could open a leg store. But ultimately, what truly bothers me most about your terse email is the lack of understanding on your behalf and a true detachment from the situation. You are an institution's robot with your denial switch on high. Domo arigato.

We don't know one another. I imagine that if we had, you would have not written me in such a manner. Who do you think you are giving me marriage advice?

However, let's step back for a second. Both you and I know that my $***** will not make or break the university. Both you and I know that I am currently in an awkward position; that continuing to seek legal council will be costly but paying NYU the complete amount it claims that I owe may cost me more. And while I do appreciate your advice that “financial responsibility is a good foundation for a happy marriage (and here all along I thought it was love)"...on second thought, I don't appreciate it. I know Dr. Phil and you're no Dr. Phil.

It certainly isn't easy to afford life in New York City especially when considering that one spouse is a teacher for the New York Public School System, never mind when a greedy and nauseatingly wealthy institution seeks out the funds it does not deserve. However, I am not asking for your sympathy.

You apparently have none.

Best,
Arye Dworken

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're both wrong. Being able to agree on which movie to rent is a good foundation for a happy marriage.

Mazel tov to you & Shana!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home