Thursday, January 03, 2008

TOP TEN OF 2007

The image “http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Thereminder.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

#6
Feist
The Reminder
(Cherry Tree)

Before the success of Leslie Feist's accidental hit "1, 2, 3, 4" (are commercials the new radio?), I had the pleasure of sitting down with the Canadian folk singer in a downtown Manhattan hotel lobby. The only problem was that I had forty-five minutes with Feist and that's hardly enough time to write a 4,000 word cover story. There's only so much you can say about the decor.
Nevertheless, much to the chagrin of the songwriter and her publicist, I did some personal digging into Feist's history and even interviewed many of her artist friends (and one ex-boyfriend) which gave me the necessary insight into this press-shy chanteuse's life (who hates the word "chanteuse").

When the story first came out, it wasn't available online. Thankfully, Venus now has their back content online and the cover story can now be found on their website here. I'm actually quite proud of this piece especially considering the lack of time spent with its focal subject. Enjoy.

Boys Noize remix of "My Moon, My Man" here

"1, 2, 3, 4" video



"My Moon, My Man" video



"I Feel It All" live on a bus

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home