Tuesday, December 11, 2007

OFF THE MARKET



As some of your New York Times readers may already know, Shana and I got married a week back. And while a Times announcement is nice, a Gawker reference makes this whole getting married thing worthwhile (and being labeled as "impressive" by the ever-biting website is certainly nothing to scoff at).

The wedding itself was surreal and wonderful, a most incredible night, but really, what's a party without a goodie bag? We sent everyone home with a faux concert T-shirt:

FRONT:



BACK:



In Hebrew, Shana's full name "Shoshana" means "rose" and Arye means "lion." Hence the front design of the shirt. The "sold-out" stamp on the back was a mini-stroke of genius, if I do say so myself. In fact, I just did.

We also gave out mix CD's with the album artwork designed by our dear friend Ridge Carpenter. I told her to use orange (which she did) and replicate the feel of the old Blue Note record covers (which she did impressively). Everyone asked both Shana and I why we look so depressed on the cover. That's not depressed. That's dramatic. Big difference.

FRONT:



BACK:



Some of you may be thinking, Alice Cooper's "School's Out?" Or R.E.M.'s "Orange Crush?" Odd choices for your wedding mix, man. And you would be justified in your confusion. It's difficult to read the text in the corner but it explains that "the songs on our wedding mix are not all lyrically relevant. Some songs are simply a part of our musical history, or rather, the background noise we enjoyed whilst falling for one another. Please enjoy."

Aside from the whole marriage thing, Shana and I have been spending the last month or so planning the wedding, moving into our new apartment, searching for non-Ikea furniture, and doing all the wonderful things newly married couples do (like being "expressive"). Now that things have settled down somewhat, I'd like to return to regular updates here on BBS. I hope you're still out there.

Yours,
A

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Arye,

I haven't seen you in about 100 years, but I wanted to congratulate you on your wedding, plus it was in The New York Times!! Now that's impressive! I'm surprised you didn't give out Curb Your Enthusiasm DVDs too... :) (That was a great article too by the way...)

11:20 PM  
Blogger Arye said...

thanks for the good wishes! who is this?

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you and Shana! I wish the t-shirt photos were up (I can't see them!) anyway, I'm getting married next year and hope to hand out CDs that he and I record together (since we are both musicians and all) and back stage laminates. Hope you are well!
-christy c.

10:06 AM  
Blogger rechal said...

Mazel tov!

Rachel Silver

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home