Monday, September 27, 2004

NOW IS THE CHANCE TO GET TO KNOW ME, SO YOU CAN ONE DAY SAY "I KNEW HIM WHEN..."

I have begun work on my first novel. After all these years of searching for a premise worthy of devoting my time and attention to, I came up with it last week while I was inadvertently inspired.

If I do finish it, and I will certainly try, I can imagine a great many people relating to it. I would tell you what it's about but can I trust the world wide web to keep my secrets? The answer is no. Oh, I do trust you...it's just that...your friend sitting next to you. Yeah, her.
Don't look at her. She'll know we're talking about her.
Anyway, she may be passing by your desk, looking innocently over you shoulder, and ask, "hey, what's that?"
"Oh, its Bring Back Sincerity," you'll say, gleaming, beaming with self-satisfaction and happiness. All the joyous things that sincerity brings.
And she'll say, "oh. I'll have to check that out." And she will and she will read everything and tell her writer boyfriend about this idea she "had" and it's all downhill from there. I am poor. I am out of an idea. And some rich trust-fund kid in the West Village gets famous over my idea.

So, you'll have to wait a year or two. It'll happen. Make sure you come to the book reading on November 21st 2006 at the Barnes and Noble in Union Square. It'll be a goodie. I'll sign yours "you are my favorite person alive. Love forever, Arye." And of course I will also write the date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home