Friday, June 23, 2006

FOR THE SAKE OF "ART"



So, I am compiling a series of photographs for an upcoming "art" project that I am working on. I am asking all of you to participate because I think you can come up with something cool. The concept is very simple, easy, and fun. Here are the instructions:

On any given night, when you are home simply relaxing, i.e., an evening spent watching TV, reading a book or ordering in dinner, please take a series of digital photos documenting your uneventful night. What you do within the confines of your apartment is completely up to you (please keep it clean). You do not necessarily have to be stonecold bored--you could be re-arranging your sock draw, you could be dancing in your bedroom, you could be painting your walls, but whatever it is, please make sure that all photos are taken horizontally and that you have a series of multiple shots. There needs to be about 25-30 pictures taken. I know it's a lot but when the project is complete, it will make total sense. Cooperating with this project also means that you are comfortable with your photos on public display. It is my hope that many people will see your pictures.

And important: they should not be all the same position or setting. Switch it up. Take some pics in the kitchen, living room, closet, etc. Send your series of photos as soon as possible to me at aryedworken@gmail.com.

Oh, and please forward this request to as many potentially interested people as possible. Thanks so much.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a- I'd been meaning to ask what you've been up to these past few months. Now I see... I'm home with my foot up on a stack of pillows after surgery- does that qualify as sufficiently mundane for art's sake?

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home