Thursday, January 04, 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR...FOUR DAYS AGO!



I'm back but still somewhat busy.
I'm going to get back into the pattern, the swing o'things, but I have still have a lot of outstanding assignments to complete. And when that happens, I'll be all yours.

In the meantime, a week back, A friend expressed some disappointment that I haven't really been "bloggin" of recent but rather recommending songs on a daily basis.
And you know what? She's right. So I promise big things for this blog in '07. After all, this is my fourth year as a Bringer of Sincerity and I should reward the faithful fellow Sinceritors for bringing it back with me since '03. That's right---way before Justin ever thought of bringing anything back (including, sniff, sniff, Cameron's toothbrush), I was there bringing, broughting and brooghting.

EMO SOMMELIER NEWS: My second Emo Sommelier column is now up on the Idolator website. Please enjoy. Part II comes tomorrow.

Oh, and how rad are those sneakers?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, for the record, I still "have a thing for nonrepentant pop-punk angst," and am still not "looking for something a tad more sophisticated" at 24. I loved the first 2 MCR albums but am not much a fan of The Black Parade; but then again, I have no particular love for Queen, and, as I said, still enjoy melodic punk and feel no need for my "emo" to remind me of classic rock (which I have never, ever enjoyed). I like the new Brand New album even less than the new MCR, and would prefer that bands never grow up and continue to sound like Motion City Soundtrack, Alkaline Trio, Senses Fail, etc.

But I'm probably the only one.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Arye said...

Yeah, I hear ya, Stuck. And truth be told, you need to love the Queen if yr gonna love the new MCR. Maybe if you were Stuck in the Late 70's, you would appreciate Black Parade a bit more.

Regardless, though, that Brand New disc...not getting it either.

Thanks for writing.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home