Tuesday, January 08, 2008

TOP TEN OF 2007

The image “http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/New_wave_365.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

#5
Against Me!
New Wave
(Sire)

Only one show this year inspired me to take off my shirt, hand it to a friend, and head straight into a somewhat aggressive mosh pit (despite being ten years older than the average mosher). Gainseville, Florida's Against Me! is an genuinely important band. Earlier this year, I even asserted that the punk foursome may be the natural heirs to the Clash infusing their raw furiousness with a substantive theme (you can read my original write-up here)

Commenter Adam S. responded to my comparison beginning with a quote from my entry, ""Against Me! may be the first band to matter since the Clash..." Whoa whoa whoa. I think this claim needs a lot more backing up." It does indeed, Adam S. and this is it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adam S. said...

Yes, a shout-out!

Anyway, that is a raucous video, all right. Looks like fun.

Excited about SXSW yet?

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home