Monday, May 12, 2008

GET SHORT


Let's have coffee.

It's no wonder that the blogosphere is for the most part dominated by the young'uns. Occupying the role of Responsible Adult is more time-consuming and physically draining than I expected.
When I come home, I feel somewhat creatively drained, and the lack of updating on the blog stems primarily from laziness, not from a dearth of opinions. How can I find the motivation to spend my down-time in this stress-free environment I call home doing anything other than watching television? The question is not easy to answer.

And in truth, the past few weeks would have been a perfect time to write here. There has been much to deal with such as the remarrying of my mother and considering my new definition of family. Or maybe I relied on blogging regularly, as I did in the past, to create experiences in my life by focusing on those little moments and detailing the minutiae. This over-introspection and heavy analysis made them inherently significant. After all, I had written about them. Paradoxically, I am now experiencing more as a married man, a full-time advertising creative, and a freelance music journalist and editor. I am having many experiences without needing to create them in retrospect.

Or maybe I need to begin writing shorter entries and stop feeling guilty when they're not long megillahs...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home