Tuesday, November 07, 2006

SONG OF THE DAY
Oops, I did it again



After a follow-up today with Dr. Leghater, I am happy to report that the freakin' hole in my leg is healing and slowly regenerating the missing muscle and tissue. This is good news because I no longer have to stuff a country-sized gauze pad into my open wound. With all the anxiety building up to today's appointment, I was completely relieved about the cessation of my self-inflicting pain rituals. Today, I even high-fived my leg.

I explained to the doc about my bitch of a week. He sympathized in the best way a doctor could, a.k.a., not at all.

Me: I have a low threshold for pain.
Dr. Leghater: Well, I hope I never have to do surgery on you.
Me: Um, me too [awkward laughter ensues].

So, as Ice Cube said, today was a good day.

And by now you've heard that Britney Spears and Kevin Federline have filed for divorce. My first reaction was, Shocker. This was one gravy train that was short on the coal supply, if you know what I'm saying. And I think you do.
You do, right?
With this just-announced separation and last week's Ryan and Reese split, who can believe in holy matrimony? It's kinda sad when the only person you can count on for romance and love is Tom Cruise.

When I was a kid, I loved the Damn Yankee's "High Enough" because at the time, it sounded like love. "Don't say 'goodbye'," sang Tommy Shaw, "say you're gonna stay forever." Quite possibly still the best song ever. On Saturday night, I was watching some recent music videos on VH1--it's important that I keep up with modern rock--and came across the most awful/best song in recent months. It's painfully dramatic but it soars much like "High Enough" did. In fact, if I were a high school kid right now, I would probably love Hinder's "Lips of an Angel" unapologetically (admittedly, my liking this song now involves a teensy bit of irony).

After the shlocky video finished, I turned to Shana and said, "I kinda like that song."
She said, "You can't be serious."

K-fed knows, it's an effed up world out there.

Hinder - "Lips of an Angel"

Bonus SOAD (score!): Damn Yankees - "High Enough"

Ps it's also quite possible that the SOAD is a result of the irrational delusions I am experiencing from all the medication.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha. funny line about Tom Cruise. :)

11:16 AM  
Blogger Arye said...

Aww, thanks! The Tom Cruise-punchline works every time.

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home